Monday, January 3, 2011

DIY: Ruffled Flower Top from JCrew

When I saw this post from Welcome to the gOOd life, I knew I wanted to try it. Mine didn't turn out quite as nice:

For one, the ribbon I used was too narrow. The tutorial said 2 inches... my ribbon was only 1.5 inches. So since my ribbon was narrower, I had to do more than 5 rows of ruffles. Anyway, good try though and I'm sure the shirt looks better than it did before:


I used an old shirt my husband isn't using anymore. I cut off the sleeves and adjusted the shoulder and took in the sides before adding the cap sleeves (the only type of sleeves I can make so far).

Anyway, here's a closer look at the ruffled flower.


And here's a picture of me wearing it.
That watermark was strategically placed there so you won't notice my tummy ;)

Anyway, I hope you all had fun during the holidays!



I am linking up to the following link parties:
Link Party at Tea Rose HomeWe Did It Wednesday at Sew Much Ado | Show Me What Ya Got at Not JUST a Housewife | Tuesday Party at Running with Glitter | Sew Cute Tuesday at Creative Itch | Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog |

5 comments:

saraH said...

wow you got that from a nike t-shirt? that is amazing! yours looks really good, great job! and you and your daughter's beautiful! thanks for letting me know about your creation!

Janelle said...

Thanks Sarah! Next time, I will try to follow your instructions better, haha!

Lisa said...

awesome!

Abby said...

So pretty! You did a fabulous job!

Krista said...

Cute! I would love to hear more about Spingarn a cap sleeve. Is there a tutorial somewhere?