Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blooming Bookmarks

I was cleaning my side table (I tend to pile everything there and forget about them) last weekend and I found this:

"What is that??" you ask...
there... familiar?
It's the cardboard backing for Andrea's book, "Sleepy Kittens". (And nope, I haven't seen the movie Despicable Me... I just thought the book was cute with the finger puppets). I wanted to throw it away but was having second thoughts because I could always use cardboard. Looking at it closely I realized that the part where you insert the finger puppets is shaped like a big paper clip... and I've seen those sold as bookmarks.

*ting!!* Idea!!!
I made bookmarks out of that cardboard.
Here's how:

STEP 1: I cut around the paperclip-shape part.
These came from the 2 sides... there wasn't enough space to cut around the one in the middle.
STEP 2: Embellish! I used fabric flowers for mine (I have a lot of those, waiting to be used for anything).
STEP 3: Make your bookshelves bloom! Since I am embarrassed to show you what book I have on my bed side table (it's reading assignment for work!)... let's use it on this one instead:

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Thanks so much Janelle! And I love your blog! Lots of great ideas, I'm your newest follower! :)