Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dress-up Time

Of all the challenges floating around the forums, there are 2 I almost always never think about... 

1. Recipe Card challenges (because I can't cook, much less think of recipes).
2. Template or Scraplift Challenges

At the risk of sounding stupid... I will admit that I have no idea how to use those templates for download 0_o. I tried... but either I'm doing it wrong, or it's way harder to make a layout using a template than making one from scratch.

However, to qualify for a prize at Digidesign Resort, you have to complete all 6 challenges per category. And for this month, their prize for completing all 6 of their Cocktail Hour Challenges is this kit:


I think I already have a lot of pink kits... but I still can't say no to one when it's pretty :) The 6 challenges include both a Template and a Scraplift Challenge so it was time to move away from my comfort zone and try something different.

Here is the layout I came up with for the Coconut Reef Scraplift Challenge for May:


I don't think it's one of my best works, but it's a first attempt at scraplifting... baby steps :) I used elements from the collab kit by Feli Designs and Lou Cee, Winter Romance.

Ok one down... 5 more to go to get that kit!

No comments: