Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tales of the Bored - Day 4

The Quest to become the most boring person within my zip code… in 32 days or less!

June 2, 2009 (Tuesday)

I’m back at the office. I never thought I’d actually miss going to work but faced with the possibility of bed rest… it makes going to work actually exciting: free air conditioning & internet, a mall within walking distance, and people around me to talk to.

Well, my bed rest wasn’t too bad. Even before I got pregnant, I had always been afraid of the possibility that it would happen to me. I hear about friends being confined to their beds for weeks. The idea is unthinkable to me.

When I got to the office, more good news… Facebook can be accessed again! The site had been blocked for a week last week and I was afraid it will be blocked forever. Unthinkable!! (Come to think of it, the doctors were asking me while I was under observation in the Labor Room last Saturday if there was something stressing me out or bothering me at work… I think losing Facebook was probably it, hehe).

Earlier today, I decided to go to work earlier than usual so I can go home earlier. I was hoping to be home by the time my medicine’s side effect kicks in. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to make it to work as early as I had hoped so I was still at work when I took the medicine and the side effect kicked in. By the time I went downstairs to wait for a cab, I was fighting my body as it seemed to be shutting down with fatigue. I made it home safely but I told my husband he may have to start picking me up from work in the afternoons since I feel too tired to go home by myself.

No comments: