Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tales of the Bored - Day 10

The Quest to become the most boring person within my zip code… in 32 days or less!

June 8, 2009 (Monday)

In my dreams I was supposed to have been back at work today.

I asked my husband if I can stay at my mom’s house today while he’s at work so I can use the phone and internet to settle things at the office regarding my long absence. My sister doesn’t have work on Mondays, one of my brothers starts work in the evening, and my other brother’s classes were suspended for 2 weeks due to the outbreak of Influenza A(H1N1). There’s also my niece, Helaena. I sure could use the company.

I stayed in my mom’s bedroom with her laptop all day. I called my boss to clear my long absence and then spent about an hour going through my office email. I left the bedroom door open so Helaena could wander in every now and then on her walker. She really is so cute! Too bad I can’t pick her up. I’ll have to settle with the few cuddles I can get whenever she allows it.

I miss being online all the time! I miss working on my farm (Farm Town on Facebook, do check it out). I miss stalking my favorite celebrities on Twitter. And I miss getting updates on my friends on Facebook. I don’t think I’d mind being sentenced like this if I can stay online all day. But I’m not allowed to do that as well. Anything that might be a potential source of stress is not allowed. I’ll have to settle with the few hours I can get each day.

No comments: