Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Of Manicures and Relaxation

You know you love your job when it makes you cringe thinking of how many non-working holidays your country imposes while the rest of your colleagues in different parts of the world have to go to work.

That's how I feel right now, coming from yet another long weekend because Monday was a non-working holiday while we are in the middle of a tight deadline at work. For my part, I still log in to check my email even when we don't have to go to work to see if anything needs my attention. But I can't expect everyone to do the same and sometimes... things are time-sensitive and you really need a response but it's a non-working holiday.

*breath*

Except for the fact that I don't have the patience to keep still long enough for a manicure, I think I sort of need something like this:

Elements from: Mani and Pedi kit by B2N2 Scraps
The little girl fell asleep after I did her nails. She couldn't keep still long enough for a manicure either so the nail polish got smudged before they had a chance to dry.

You could probably count the number of times I had to get my nails done professionally with both of my hands:
  • My graduation/s
  • My debut
  • My wedding
  • Everytime I had to get my hair rebonded (I had to stay at the salon for hours anyway, might as well)
And I haven't gone for a rebond treatment since I learned I was pregnant in 2009. I care for my nails myself. And the level of care they get depends on my mood. There are times my nails change color every 2 days and I have mastered the art of applying nailpolish cleanly using my left hand (yey). But that's the exception rather than the rule. The rule is that I cut once a week and the whole nail care regimen happens once every 2 weeks (if my nails are lucky.. and they usually aren't).

Out of curiosity... so how often do you go for a professional manicure or pedicure??? Spa? Massage? Am I the only female on earth who don't like these things???

No comments: