Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Housewife Chronicles - Day 9

DAY 9 – March 3, 2007

 

Why can’t floors stay clean? I don’t get it. I hardly walk on my floor! I spread a mattress on the floor of my living room where I spread all my “kalat” (stuff) and play with my necklaces and bracelets all day. The only times my feet touch tile are when I need a glass of Coke (and water sometimes) or when I need to go the bathroom.

 

Saturday bustle at my house starts at 11AM when my husband wakes up. Before 11AM, I am free to lie on the sofa all morning watching the Disney channel, fast becoming my favorite because “kumpareng” Walt’s shows are so entertainingly wholesome, nothing heavy or deep or upsetting. The only chore I needed to get done early Saturday morning was to take the trash out because the garbage truck makes its rounds on my street on Wednesdays and Saturdays only.

 

But then, there’s the floor. I remember my husband telling me before we got married that his idea of a clean house is a clean floor. I guess the idea stuck so specks of dust on the floor offend my senses.

 

I mopped.

 

My husband woke up. We had breakfast at 11AM. We went to the mall for lunch around 3PM. We walked around for a while then went home around 7PM.

 

My husband watched the TV… literally. That’s what he does. I don’t think he actually watches any show since he channel hops like every 5 seconds and lingers on a particular channel for only 2 minutes tops.

 

I don’t get it. But I don’t care. I’m content sitting on the mattress on my clean floor playing with my beads.

No comments: