As I mentioned before, I was working on a project for my 2 girls. I had this post from Disney's blog in mind but since I didn't have my computer on when I started... the end result looked a little different. Not sure if I saw this somewhere else, I can't remember, but I'll link to it when I do remember.
I had left over material from when I made this doll dress. Good thing it was also cream-colored so the color scheme for both shirts will still be the same. I cut 2 strips from the same lace tank, each strip 1.5 inches wide and used that as ruffle. The lace material from the tank doesn't fray... lucky me (I hope!), I didn't have to hem.
The bow ties was an afterthought after I finished with the ruffles on both shirts. They were looking a little plain so I played around with the idea of satin flowers (ruffles and satin flowers looked a little too much), buttons (they were ok for the design on Andrea's, but not for Helaena's), and ribbons. I think the bow ties looked best.
And yesterday (a non-working holiday here), we visited my grand mother (which makes her the little girls' great grandma!) and I thought that would be the perfect opportunity for both girls to wear their matching shirts.
I don't think they were in the mood for photos. As you can see, I added another layer of ruffle on Helaena's shirt a few minutes before she had to wear it.
A closer look at Andreas shirt.
Playing with great grandma's walking gadget (I don't know what it's called).
My little girls trying their talent on the piano. My cousins and I... we all had our pictures taken at my grandmother's piano when we were little. It's still a favorite spot for family photos.
I started reading the manual of my sewing machine and hopefully, I will learn how to use it so that projects like this won't take up so much time. I loved seeing my little girls wearing their matching shirts and I want to make more!