Monday, February 16, 2009

14th Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta

I went to the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta at Clark, Angeles with my family last Sunday. We left Manila at 5:00 AM and were at Clark by 6:30. We saw the balloons as they were getting inflated while we were inside the car looking for a parking space. But after that, we had to get in the long line for additional tickets so while my mom stood in line for us, I went with MG and Lester to the nearby Ministop to get breakfast. MG was able to take these photos of the hot air balloons in flight.

Beautiful aren't they? Oh, is that a floating mug???
I saw a Coke balloon from a distance but I didn't see it in the air so I'm not sure if it was just a giant balloon (I didn't see it in the grounds though) or a hot air balloon. Too bad we didn't get a photo.

After the hot air balloons disappeared in the horizon, the airshow started. It was my first time to see an airshow live.

A plane flying upside down. It flew like this for a few seconds.

Can you see the pilot? This was taken with MG's telephoto lens. In the original hi-res photo, you can zoom in and actually see the pilot's profile. Amazing! It's good to know that those expensive lenses actually do have a purpose. I had to resize the photos for faster uploading though.

Two planes: the plane on the left is flying upside down.
Another one of those planes... I forgot what these are called.

No comments: