Monday, November 28, 2011

Little Sister Hat from Petite Purls

I've been working on my crochet during all my free time lately. And when I say all... I mean ALL. Which means I have some Christmas gifts that are still NOT wrapped. I have friends who still don't have Christmas gifts (I won't say who). And after decorating my tree... I stopped there. I NEED to finish decorating for Christmas soon.

I've been downloading a lot of crochet patterns last week, and so far, this must be the prettiest hat I've seen:

Little Sister Hat from Petite Purls
Pretty huh? And the pattern is available for free! I decided to try and make one for my daughter using cotton crochet thread to make it lightweight and useable in our climate.


I made the hat smaller so it won't cover her ears. And I was feeling a little lazy after finishing the hat so I didn't make a new flower for it. I simply used an old flower clip I made a while ago.

And what do you know...

She smiled! It's been a while since I was able to get her to smile and stay still long enough for me to click the camera.

Next project: More hats for some of my friends' kids, and baby booties for my friends who are having babies. I hope I finish everything before Christmas 0_o

I am linking to the following link parties:
Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes | Craft-O-Maniac Monday at Craft-O-Maniac | Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative | Making Monday Marvelous at C.R.A.F.T. | Made with Love Monday at Sew Chatty | Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple | Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do | A Round Tuit at Creating My Way to Success | Manic Monday at Sew Happy Geek | Inspire Me Monday at Singing Three Little Birds | Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff | Marvelously Messy A Marvelous Mess | Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle | Take-a-Look Tuesday at Sugarbee Crafts | Handmade Tuesdays at Ladybug Blessings | Tuesday To-Do Party at The Blackberry Vine | Tuesday Confessional at Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy | Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog | Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou | Show Me What Ya Got at Not JUST a Housewife |

7 comments:

Diane Writes said...

Pretty!! And talaga bang uso ang hat ngayon? Before we were thinking it's because of the hype of the royal wedding. But whatever the reasons are, a hat can mark a difference in a person's outfit.

Can't wait to see the hat paired with a nice Christmas outfit for Andrea!

Deepthi said...

She looks soooo cute in that cute hat!!!
Nice work!!!

Thendral said...

very...very beautiful and lovely color...

simona said...

What a cutie she is! And the hat looks adorable on her!

PC said...

absolutely adorable!

Jill said...

What a cute hat - of course the cute model helps too!! So nice to make a smaller lightweight one so she can still wear it in the heat!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Nikki Monet said...

Such a cutie pie hat!! ...and she is adorable!! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my link party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-10.html

Have a great week!!