Thursday, January 8, 2009

Begin with the End in Mind

...according to the 2009 calendar on my desk. That got me thinking (since I have nothing better to do today until people start answering the emails I sent them yesterday)... how do I see my 2009? Truthfully, I'm not one for planning. My 2008 was all about spur-of-the-moment decisions that left MG all tied up in pretzel knots most of the time.

So for the sake of passing time this morning, I'm making a list of things I want to accomplish this year.

1. Consume only 1 plastic cup from the office pantry per week.
Disclaimer: This does not include the plastic cups they will probably serve me at fast food joints. This is the first thing that came to mind since I noticed that I've been using the same plastic cup since Monday (I wash it ok?). Must have been the guilt instilled by MG after he showed me the commercial on Discovery channel (I think) about how many plastic bottles are consumed every hour. But baby steps... let's start with the plastic cups from the pantry for now.

2. Start thinking about carbon footprints.
I just said start ok? Baby steps.

3. Have shelves installed and cabinets repaired downstairs.
This is actually part of my house repairs list from a previous blog entry last year.

4. Visit 2 Asian countries.
Candidates: Thailand (Paging... Shine!!), and either Singapore or Hongkong.

5. Get flu vaccine.
I actually appreciated the shot I had last year. I didn't get sick (and that says something for someone who gets sick with every rainy spell).

6. Visit at least one Philippine destination that I've never been to before.
There are still a lot of places I haven't seen. Bohol and Palawan top my list.

7. Limit purchases for the year to 5 pairs of shoes, and 2 bags.
Gifts do not count. So... *ehem*... mommy, I'm counting on you...

8. Make sure that ALL books and magazines in the house are in bookshelves.
All books and magazines that do not fit in existing bookshelves will have to be disposed of. I can do this! I know I can!

9. Participate in at least one volunteer activity/Support a charitable activity.
Preferably, volunteer activity involves a beach. If I can't do that, then my fallback will be to offer support to a charitable activity.

Ok, that's all I can think of and that took all morning. There are others that I'm thinking about but I'm not sure if I can do them this year and I want to stick with achievable targets.

Happy new year everyone!

No comments: