Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Wreath Evolution

Wreaths aren't very big here in my country. We only have wreaths during Christmas. So when I first started checking out craft blogs, I was a little surprised to see that other people have wreaths for all seasons and occasions. The concept was new to me but I liked the idea of a non-Christmas wreath though. 

Let's rewind to a few years ago, before I discovered the joy of crafting. This mess was my first attempt at making a Christmas wreath. 
And see the wall behind it (it's the wall beside our staircase) was so empty except for our wedding portrait which, at the time, was the only item we have framed in our entire house. 

With all the inspiration I see on other blogs, I decided to try making a new wreath:
I have several of those wood wreath forms from old Christmas wreaths I found in a cabinet in our house when I moved in after my husband and I got married. I removed the old ribbons and other trim and kept the wreaths. I still have 3 more of those I think. I simply spray painted it white and added the flowers. It didn't turn out how I pictured it in my head (for one, I didn't have enough of those smaller flowers) but it was a good 'first' try (technically, second, but I am not counting the first one, haha).

Oh and the wall behind it, I now have a gallery of frames... no clear photo though, but you can see a little behind the wreath. Maybe next time.

I am linking up to the following link parties:
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage | Free for All at Young and Crafty | Sew Crafty Saturday at Wildflowers and Whimsy | Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes | K.I.S.S. at The Tattered Tag | Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime | Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming | CraftOManiac Monday at CraftOManiac | Just Somethig I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative | Making Monday Marvelous at C.R.A.F.T. | Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do | Motivate Me Monday at Keeping It Simple | Inspire Me Monday at Singing Three Little Birds | Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff | Made By You Monday at Skip to My Lou | Take a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts | Handmade Tuesdays at Ladybug Blessings | Show Me What Ya Got at Not JUST a Housewife | Tuesday Party at Running with Glitter | Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog | Tuesday To-do Party at The Blackberry Vine | Manic Monday at Sew Happy Geek

1 comment:

SewHappyGeek said...

Yep, once you've got the crafty bug you never really get rid of it! Cute wreath! I'd love for you to link up to my <a href="http://sewhappygeek.blogspot.com/2011/04/manic-monday-linky-party-9.html>weekly linky party!</a>