Friday, March 5, 2010

Excuses... Excuses...

I got this from Nury Vittachi's column in the March 2010 issue of Reader's Digest.

12 Most Common Lies at Work:

1. He's in a meeting.
2. I'm not here to sack people.
3. I only need 5 minutes of your time.
4. I'm not trying to sell you anything.
5. Our people are our greatest assets.
6. I didn't get your email. (I'm honest though... I usually just say "I haven't read your email"... which means yes I got it but no I don't want to read it :D)
7. I can't talk right now, I'm on my way out the door.
8. The cheque's in the post.
9. The customer comes first.
10. I am from the government and I am here to help you. (bwahahahahaha!)
11. You may have already won a million dollars. (you don't get this at work... you get this from spam emails)
12. Leave your CV and we'll call you when something comes up.


12 Most Common Lies Outside Work:

1. Fun for the whole family.
2. I love the sweater you knitted for me.
3. I'll call you.
4. Don't worry mum, I'll be good.
5. No, you don't look fat in that.
6. The dog ate my homework.
7. You haven't changed a bit, really.
8. I only had one beer.
9. You made it yourself? It tastes great!
10. Actually, we're just good friends.
11. No, really, it's fine, I prefer it cold.
12. I'm not biased, some of my best friends are [fill in minority group here].

Have a great Friday!

No comments: