Thursday, May 21, 2009

And the new American Idol is...

... Scott MacIntyre!!

For me at least :) Officially, it's Kris Allen.

I'm following @IdolScott on Twitter and he said that Billy Joel couldn't make it that's why his duet was cut. So that's what happened. I was wondering why he didn't have one. I actually missed work early this morning to watch the show which aired in my part of the world at 8AM via satellite.

Anyway, a few random thoughts about the last sing off and the finale:
  • Randy was right, No Boundaries actually suited Kris' voice better than it did Adam's.
  • While listening to Kris sing No Boundaries, I was thinking that it will actually sound good if Megan Joy was singing it. Watchatink?
  • While we're on the topic, No Boundaries is kinda similar to Miley Cyrus' The Climb. You know, climbing mountains and stuff. The Climb sounds better though.
  • Whoever is in charge of the directing the effects for the stage is clearly biased for Adam. I mean the effects are always better during Adam's performances.
  • Adam's performance with Kiss during the finale show was scary... members of Kiss looked like demons to me. I don't go for those types of performances.
  • I sure hope Adam's attitude throughout the competition is not just an act... he seems like a really nice guy.
  • It was great seeing Alexis Grace and Megan Joy again during the finale show
So now... the long wait for Season 9 begins.

No comments: