Thursday, March 19, 2009

Scott MacIntyre - Wild Angels (3/17/2009)

Another late post.

I think Scott did well singing Wild Angels last night, but I'd have to agree with the judges comment that for the past 2 weeks, his performances aren't really showing much of his vocal talent. I hope he chooses better songs in the future and I'm so happy he's still in the show.


Now, about the other contestants... I am beginning to like Allison Iraheta. I don't normally like singers with big raspy voices, but Allison is beginning to grow on me. I was really surprised that she ended up on the bottom 3 this week, but I'm happy she's still on the show.

Don't you think it's interesting how the early favorites seem to be losing their luster as the show progresses? Danny Gokey, Lil Rounds, Alexis Grace... all gave good (not great) performances but they were outperformed (at least for me) by others I never really noticed before like Allison Iraheta, Matt Giraud and Kris Allen.

The bottom 3 for this week are Allison Iraheta (why???), Michael Sarver (expected) and Alexis Grace (also expected given her lackluster performance last night). And the person we won't be seeing next week is... Alexis Grace! I was surprised... I was expecting Michael Sarver to leave the show. Alexis Grace's last performance wasn't so good but I don't think she deserves to leave. Oh well... in the end there can only be one winner.

No comments: