Thursday, June 5, 2008

American Idol Obsession

I lost track of American Idol after David Cook was announced the winner for season 7. For a few days after the finals, I tried to keep posted on news regarding the contestants but the interest dwindled with nothing much to feed it.

Anyway, it was another boring day yesterday after I finished conducting a training here at the office and since they recently blocked the office's official favorite site, Multiply (yeah... sad day it was...), I had no choice but to surf aimlessly. My officemate was talking about the American Idol Summer tour and maybe catching it when he goes to NY.

Hmmm...

Hey summer...

Wait a minute, something clicked...

I will be in the US this July! So maybe... just maybe...

I checked the American Idol summer tour schedule and to my distress, I am going to miss them!!! The tour is moving from the West Cost to the East Coast while I will be moving the opposite direction during the same period!!!!

I popped an instant message to my husband telling him that we should have just gone straight to CA instead of going East so that I could have caught the AI Summer tour in San Jose, CA.

hubby: "Are u crazy? U will trade half of your trip just to see that???"

me: :(

I pondered about what he said. I wanted to go on vacation for a long time and this is the only time I was allowed enough vacation time from the office to go for a long trip. Is it really worth missing half of my planned tour?

After thinking about it for a while... I have my answer...

YES!!! I would have traded my entire trip for tickets to an American Idol concert and a picture with Jason Castro :D

No comments: