Friday, April 25, 2008

Thoughts from The Purple Couch

The doorbell rang, as I was lying on the couch yesterday watching CSI: NY.

Weird. I wasn't expecting anyone and no one knew I was home.

I've been sick for a month and I decided to stay home and rest and spare my officemates the agony of listening to me cough.

I ignored it. Probably kids playing with my doorbell again.

Three more rings. Then two more.

Darn it. Whoever it was sure is persistent.

With a deep sigh, I stood up and opened the door with a stern frown on my face determined to make the person at the door squirm for disturbing my immersion in the wonderful world of crime scene investigation.

It was a courier.

Even weirder. I wasn't expecting a package. And everyone we know, know that we usually have packages delivered at either my or my husband's office.

The package was addressed to my husband. I thought about it for a minute and decided to open it anyway (hehe).

A wedding invitation from one of my husband's cousins. The wedding is this Sunday to be held in one of the southern islands, and... my eyes almost popped out... there's my name! Me and my husband are part of the wedding entourage.

We heard about this wedding before but we didn't know we were part of the entourage. Oh well... too late to worry about it.

No comments: